The Foreman is primarily responsible for supervising and coordinating all the workings at a job site including that of a crew of electricians, apprentices, and laborers. He/She will establish and adjust work timelines to meet the construction schedule for the project, and organize and coordinate all project materials and equipment. The Forman will also ensure that all work installed is completed in accordance with the standards set forth by High Point Electric—all work will be completed on budget, on time, and in accordance with all applicable plans, specifications, codes, and industry standards.
- Demonstrates understanding and enthusiastic agreement with the vision and mission of High Point Electric.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a journeyman in the installation, maintenance, and repair of electrical systems, equipment and fixtures using blueprints, schematics and sketches.
- Experience reading contract drawings and understanding scope of work
- Experience installing, assembling, testing, and maintaining electrical or electronic wiring, conduit, wiring, cable, equipment, components, and devices associated with electrical equipment following drawings of electrical layouts and building plans.
- Experience testing electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures using testing devices.
- Ability to appropriately diagnose malfunctions in systems, apparatus, and components using test equipment and hand tools to locate the cause of the breakdown and take appropriate steps to correct the problem.
- Ability to instruct and train workers to install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Has a clear understanding of the latest edition of the NEC.
- Generates high quality work in alliance with the vision and mission of High Point Electric.
- Works to establish, adjust, and maintain work sequences to meet the construction schedule for a given project.
- Organizes and coordinates all of the project materials and equipment.
- Reads and interprets specifications, contract documents, plans, and prepares sketches of proposed work as well as producing layout drawings and code calculations for projects.
- Analyzes and quickly resolves any work problems and may arise and ensures that all deficiencies on any given project are corrected in a timely manner.
- Leads by example—sets, monitors, and enforces the standards of safety, and exemplary quality of work set forth by High Point Electric.
- Conducts quality control inspections on project sites.
- Coordinates with all other trades working on a job site to ensure smooth transitions.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com